Friday, November 26, 2010

2011 Bentley Mulsanne enters the 2010 Concours d'LeMons

In case you're not familiar, the Concours d'LeMons was recently described by our own Frank Markus as, "a refuge available where even Thousandaires rolling rented Sebrings can walk smugly among the car-world's hoi polloi feeling all superior 'n stuff." Long story short, it's a show for $500 cars. As the founders told me upon arrival, "The Concours d'LeMons is put on to counter the uppercrust, privileged attitude that is induced by arriving at Monterey Auto Week in a Bentley." Point being, you'd have to be a pretty big jerk to bring a car to Concours d'LeMons worth several times more than all the other vehicles present, combined. Hi Mom. Here's the thing, however. As an automotive journalist, I'm only playing rich with a borrowed Bentley. Still, I did get a C in theater class back in the 10th grade. Or was that a D? Either way, I began psyching myself up on the ride down to Toro Park by chanting in my most ridiculous British accent, "Ding dong old chap! Let's take the Mullsy down to the LeMons...

0 comments:

Post a Comment